Over 140 shortlisted nominees, and those who nominated them, attended the glittering Gala Dinner and Awards Ceremony which was hosted by comedian, television personality and star performer Ian Irving.
The 14 category awards, all sponsored by HCL’s valued suppliers, were presented to those who had provided exceptional services and showed initiative, innovation and creativity in their role. It was an exceptionally difficult task for the judges to select the winners from the high standard of submissions. The awards were presented for outstanding contributions by the award sponsors, along with HCL’s Chief Executive.
Ian Hamilton, Chief Executive of HCL and a member of this year’s judging panel, said: “Congratulations to all our winners. I’d like to thank everyone for their commitment and dedication in putting forward for consideration the many shining stars we have in our workforce, making HCL such an inspirational company. It is profoundly heart-warming to see the high esteem that our teams are held in.”
The spectacular annual HCL awards event celebrates the dedication, innovation, passion, ambition, enthusiasm, professionalism and skill within HCL’s workforce.
Nearly 100 individual nominations flooded in from headteachers, business managers, and HCL management in recognition of the outstanding performance and contribution to the organisation individual colleagues and teams of HCL staff have made.
Ian added: “Our staff are our greatest asset; they have great passion for what they do and have a huge commitment to the schools they work with. Our awards ceremony is just one of the ways we celebrate them, and the outstanding contribution they make.”
A vital component of retaining the finest people is providing them with great training. HCL provides all staff with tailored development programmes that are regularly reviewed and refreshed, ensuring that everyone in the company is equipped with the specific skills and knowledge they need to continue and deliver outstanding services. This approach has ensured that HCL has developed a loyal team of individuals, some of whom are celebrated by a nomination for one of the coveted awards every year.
Award winners included:
• Chef Manager of the Year sponsored by Radnor Hills – Tracey Smith
• Secondary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year sponsored by Willis Jenkins – St Michael’s Catholic High School
• HCL Manager of the Year sponsored by Bidfood – Lin Bateman
• Special Contribution Award sponsored by Hobart UK – Michael Goulston
• HCL Partner of the Year sponsored by W. V. Howe Ltd. – Vicky Alvedro
• Mobile Workforce Award sponsored by Love Joes – Annette Blackburn
• Delivering Service Exellence sponsored by MorVend – Lorraine Corbett
• Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region A sponsored by Unilever Food Solutions – Peartree Spring Primary School
• Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region B sponsored by Green Gourmet – Burleigh School
• Primary School / Academy Catering Team of the Year – Region C sponsored by McCain Foodservice – Kingsway Infant School
• Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools – Region A) sponsored by Premier Foodservice – Irene Brooks
• Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools – Region B) sponsored by Quorn Foods – Lisa Rock
• Cook Manager of the Year (Primary Schools – Region C) sponsored by Histons Produce Ltd – Lesley Hyslop
• Chairman’s Award sponsored by HCL – Lin O’Brien